Sheila Dool

Finding the Romance .......One Enticing word at a time

Cover photo

Cover photo
Lavender Fields is now available at Amazon, Barnes & Noble and All Romanace eBooks. The photo above and all the pictures of the books on my blog are clickable and will take you straight to Amazon to purchase the book.

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Valentine's Day Romance

Valentine's Day is tomorrow bringing things to our minds about what to do or what we want for the holiday. Romance is top of the list for me.

A few days ago I posted on my Facebook what Valentine's Day is for me and I wanted to share that here with you today as well.

The day is different for many people. Some celebrate and some don't. Whether you are in the celebrate or don't celebrate I truly hope it's a great day for you. :)

LOVE....When you say February that is one of the first things one thinks of. Some look at Valentines Day as just another commercial holiday, and I tend to agree...but...with the way that society is today I think we need those commercial holidays to make us think. We're a busy people, go go go all the time. We get so busy and stressed that we tend to forget things that are most important. We take for granted what the ones we love do for us, not intentionally, it just happens so when someone says "Oh it's Valentines Day, shit what do I do?" Lol you say I LOVE you and you do something to show the people you LOVE how much they mean...does that mean spend money you don't have? I don't think you have to. If you have the means and you can, great. I LOVE my husband so very much. He works so hard to take care of his family and when these commercial holidays pop up he freaks thinking he needs to do something special for me. Well hubby I think you're special and being my husband is all I really need. Most of you know Danny will be having a minor surgical procedure soon, but when a man is the primary bread winner and stubborn to boot. It's hard for them. He tries to do so much and has as long as I've known him.....that to me is LOVE...My best friend  has Cancer, but she too is strong and kicking its ass. My son  was born with many health issues but is such a strong young man that he has overcome so much in his short 17 years. My daughters  are stunning beauties and very strong women. I LOVE all of these people so very much. I LOVE their husbands and their children as well. Lol I'm using the word LOVE a lot here I know, I am a Romance writer after all lol. My point is February may be the month of LOVE but it's not the only month we LOVE it's just the month where we may need to be reminded of all the good things we have in our lives and thankful for all the LOVE we have. You may not have a woman or a man in you're life, but you have kids, or parents, or sisters or brothers or friends. That is LOVE too. Things have been tough for us since I got sick years ago. The burden of making the money for our family fallen on my husband. Money can and has often split families up, but it doesn't have to. It can make you stronger if you let it. Support you're partner. Make them feel special and make sure they know that you know they are doing an incredible job and say I LOVE you after phone calls. Before bed, before you leave. Just do it often. When a fight starts, fight it out, but make sure you say I LOVE you in there somewhere.....heck making up can be really fun after all ;) When you fight with family ....get over it fast and say I LOVE you.....I know what your saying..."It's not always that simple..." Yes it is. It's three little words. I... LOVE... YOU......just mean them that's all...you can still be mad but you won't be mad as long when you hear those words Here are some (((HUGS))) from me for all of you. Thank you for being my friends, and my family, I LOVE YOU and happy Valentine's Day.....Oh and buy my books hehehe ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment